So we have reached the end of March 2010 and I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all our guest contributors who wrote blogs for us as part of #BeMyGuest month, a brilliant idea thought up by Adam Vincenzini and Emily Cagle – “It’s what social media and sharing is all about”. It was so simple – start by using Twitter to tweet out your own blog details and preferences (eg topics, editing style etc) with the hashtag #BeMyGuest.
We were delighted to have six great guest pieces from:
- David Clare‘s PR 2.0 – A Definition
- Emily Cagle‘s Blogging fever: how #BeMyGuest was born
- Robert Pickstone‘s Is it wrong for others to write your company blog?
- Janelle Hardacre‘s Your Digital Footprint – 5 Tips to Remember
- Mark Jennings‘ How Far Would You Walk to Save 20p? and
- Colin Shelbourn‘s A Dog in the Office complete with our own cartoon!
Plus our guest writers very kindly reciprocated by allowing Dangerous Marketing to write blogs on their sites:
- A Newbies View of Social Media: Time for a fundamental shift in thinking – posted on David Clare‘s The PR View
- What a Tramp taught me about Selling! – posted on Robert Pickstone‘s social media blog
- 5 tips for attracting prospective customers’ attention on Twitter – posted on Social Small Biz blog, a great place for ideas and advice for small businesses
- Communicating with Customers – posted on Karima-Catherine Goundiam’s Three Angel’s Marketing blog – where I took an unusual view on learning about the context of communication, which was made even more light hearted in my guest blog
- Cats, Clients and Communication on Colin Shelbourn’s Radio Cartoonist Blog, complete with cartoon drawn by Colin for the article.
I was amazed by the offers of and requests for additional pieces, so we are voting for #BeMyGuest campaign to continue! We are certainly going to continue featuring guest blogs on our site, so if you have a piece about marketing and/or communications, contact us via Twitter or our website and we’ll get you published here! And for all those other blogs that I promised, they will be winging their way to you very soon!